Journal of Applied Ecology papers downloaded most in Wiley Online Library from January to December 2012 are listed below...
- Standards for ecologically successful river restoration
M.A. Palmer, E.S. Bernhardt, J.D. Allan, P.S. Lake
- Greater impacts of wind farms on bird populations during construction than subsequent operation: results of a multi-site and multi-species analysis
James W. Pearce-Higgins, Leigh Stephen, Andy Douse, Rowena H. W. Langston
- The effects of organic agriculture on biodiversity and abundance: a meta-analysis
Janne Bengtsson, Johan Ahnstrom, Ann-Christin Weibull
- The impacts of non-native species on UK biodiversity and the effectiveness of control
Sarah J. Manchester, James M. Bullock
- The restoration of ecological interactions: plant-pollinator networks on ancient and restored heathlands
Mikael Lytzau Forup, Kate S. E. Henson, Paul G. Craze, Jane Memmott
- Mapping an urban ecosystem service: quantifying above-ground carbon storage at a city-wide scale
Zoe G. Davies, Jill L. Edmondson, Andreas Heinemeyer, Jonathan R. Leake, Kevin J. Gaston
- Distance software: design and analysis of distance sampling surveys for estimating population size
Len Thomas, Stephen T. Buckland, Eric A. Rexstad, Jeff L. Laake, Samantha Strindberg, Sharon L. Hedley, Jon R.B. Bishop, Tiago A. Marques, Kenneth P. Burnham
- Differential effects of landscape and management on diversity and density of ground-dwelling farmland spiders
Martin H. Schmidt, Indra Roschewitz, Carsten Thies, Teja Tscharntke
- Large-scale spatial variation in the breeding performance of song thrushes Turdus philomelos and blackbirds T. merula in Britain
Emmanuel Paradis, Stephen R. Baillie, William J. Sutherland, Caroline Dudley, Humphrey Q.P. Crick, Richard D. Gregory
- Post-war changes in arable farming and biodiversity in Great Britain
Robert A. Robinson, William J. Sutherland
Journal of Applied Ecology papers published in 2011 that have generated the most citations thus far (as at January 2013) are listed below...
- A quantitative review of ecosystem service studies: approaches, shortcomings and the road ahead
Seppelt, Ralf; Dormann, Carsten F.; Eppink, Florian V.; Lautenbach, Sven; Schmidt, Stefan
- Adaptive management and targeting of agri-environment schemes does benefit biodiversity: a case study of the corn bunting Emberiza calandra
Perkins, Allan J.; Maggs, Hywel E.; Watson, Adam; Wilson, Jeremy D.
- Multifunctional shade-tree management in tropical agroforestry landscapes - a review
Tscharntke, Teja; Clough, Yann; Bhagwat, Shonil A.; Buchori, Damayanti; Faust, Heiko; Hertel, Dietrich; Hoelscher, Dirk; Juhrbandt, Jana; Kessler, Michael; Perfecto, Ivette; Scherber, Christoph; Schroth, Goetz; Veldkamp, Edzo; Wanger, Thomas C.
- Placing linkages among fragmented habitats: do least-cost models reflect how animals use landscapes?
Sawyer, Sarah C.; Epps, Clinton W.; Brashares, Justin S.
- Negative impact of traffic noise on avian reproductive success
Halfwerk, Wouter; Holleman, Leonard J. M.; Lessells, C. M.; Slabbekoorn, Hans
- The future of agri-environment schemes: biodiversity gains and ecosystem service delivery?
Whittingham, Mark J.
- Habitat or fuel? Implications of long-term, post-fire dynamics for the development of key resources for fauna and fire
Haslem, Angie; Kelly, Luke T.; Nimmo, Dale G.; Watson, Simon J.; Kenny, Sally A.; Taylor, Rick S.; Avitabile, Sarah C.; Callister, Kate E.; Spence-Bailey, Lisa M.; Clarke, Michael F.; Bennett, Andrew F.
- Arthropod symbioses: a neglected parameter in pest- and disease-control programmes
Zindel, Renate; Gottlieb, Yuval; Aebi, Alexandre
- Beyond species: functional diversity and the maintenance of ecological processes and services
Cadotte, Marc W.; Carscadden, Kelly; Mirotchnick, Nicholas
- Habitat area, quality and connectivity: striking the balance for efficient conservation
Hodgson, Jenny A.; Moilanen, Atte; Wintle, Brendan A.; Thomas, Chris D.
- Conserving a moving target: planning protection for a migratory species as its distribution changes
Singh, Navinder J.; Milner-Gulland, Eleanor J.
- The effectiveness of agri-environment schemes for the conservation of farmland moths: assessing the importance of a landscape-scale management approach
Fuentes-Montemayor, Elisa; Goulson, Dave; Park, Kirsty J.
- Which prey sustains cold-adapted invertebrate generalist predators in arable land? Examining prey choices by molecular gut-content analysis
Eitzinger, Bernhard; Traugott, Michael
- Using presence-only and presence–absence data to estimate the current and potential distributions of established invasive species
Gormley, Andrew M.; Forsyth, David M.; Griffioen, Peter; Lindeman, Michael; Ramsey, David S.L.; Scroggie, Michael P.; Woodford, Luke
- Mixed effects of organic farming and landscape complexity on farmland biodiversity and biological control potential across Europe
Winqvist, Camilla; Bengtsson, Jan; Aavik, Tsipe; Berendse, Frank; Clement, Lars W.; Eggers, Sönke; Fischer, Christina; Flohre, Andreas; Geiger, Flavia; Liira, Jaan; Pärt, Tomas; Thies, Carsten; Tscharntke, Teja; Weisser, Wolfgang W.; Bommarco, Riccardo
- Acoustic monitoring in terrestrial environments using microphone arrays: applications, technological considerations and prospectus
Blumstein, Daniel T.; Mennill, Daniel J.; Clemins, Patrick; Girod, Lewis; Yao, Kung; Patricelli, Gail; Deppe, Jill L.; Krakauer, Alan H.; Clark, Christopher; Cortopassi, Kathryn A.; Hanser, Sean F.; McCowan, Brenda; Ali, Andreas M.; Kirschel, Alexander N. G.
- Assessing spatial patterns of disease risk to biodiversity: implications for the management of the amphibian pathogen, Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis
Murray, Kris A.; Retallick, Richard W. R.; Puschendorf, Robert; Skerratt, Lee F.; Rosauer, Dan; McCallum, Hamish I.; Berger, Lee; Speare, Rick; VanDerWal, Jeremy
- Hull fouling as an invasion vector: can simple models explain a complex problem?
Sylvester, Francisco; Kalaci, Odion; Leung, Brian; Lacoursière-Roussel, Anaïs; Murray, Cathryn Clarke; Choi, Francis M.; Bravo, Monica A.; Therriault, Thomas W.; MacIsaac, Hugh J.
- Are the negative effects of roads on breeding birds caused by traffic noise?
Summers, Patricia D.; Cunnington, Glenn M; Fahrig, Lenore
- On the limitations of graph-theoretic connectivity in spatial ecology and conservation
- Read the Journal
- Top Papers
- Sample Issue
- Practitioner's Perspective
- Editor's Choice
- Virtual Issues
- Sign up for e-alerts
- Sign up for RSS
Sales and Services
- Functional Ecology
- Journal of Animal Ecology
- Journal of Ecology
- Methods in Ecology and Evolution
- British Ecological Society
- Wiley-Blackwell Ecology